View our Company History
Thank you for your interest in Hunter's Specialties!
Hunter's Specialties, Inc, a leading manufacturer and supplier of branded hunting products for mass merchant and sporting goods retailers, seeks candidates for the position of International Buyer in its Cedar Rapids, IA office.
The International Buyer will coordinate purchasing activities for the procurement of goods, hold suppliers accountable for competitive pricing, quality assurance, and on-time delivery of product, interface with sales and operations, and assure compliance to domestic importing requirements and international exporting regulations. Some overseas travel required. Requires bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing or related and 2 years related experience working directly with Asian vendors and suppliers in the export industry. Oral and written fluency in Mandarin Chinese is required. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Please send resume and salary history by July 24, 2015 to: email@example.com EOE/M/F/D
Hunter's Specialties, Inc a leading manufacturer and supplier of branded hunting products for mass merchant and sporting goods retailers are seeking Shippers in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Responsible for picking, assembling and preparing customer orders for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Accurately assemble orders and prepare goods for shipments. Maintain knowledge of packaging procedures and customer guidelines.
•Pack and examine outgoing shipments to ensure they are accurate and meeting customer’s specifications.
•Responsible for reading and understanding the work instructions assigned to this job and performing them to the standards set by the Supervisor.
•Report damaged items and out-of-stock items to Supervisor.
•Complete necessary paperwork accurately and efficiently.
•Work cooperatively with co-workers and other departments to achieve customer and company goals.
•Ability to lift and move up to 25-50 pounds on a regular basis; safely operate pallet jack.
•Forklift experience/certification preferred.
•Typing and 10-key skills preferred.
•Others duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Please send resume and/or application by June 15, 2015 to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D
PRODUCT INNOVATION MANAGER
Hunter's Specialties a leading manufacturer and supplier of branded hunting products for mass merchant and sporting goods retailers is seeking a Product Innovation Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The Product Innovation Manager is responsible for directing a team to design and develop new products to ensure the company remains an industry leader. This position is responsible for working with external vendors to develop new products as well as internal manufacturing facilities. Must have a solid understanding of patents and the patent the process, materials, engineering principles, and ability to research and understand government regulations as needed. This position requires 10%-20% travel and some international travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and maintain the company’s 3D software package
• Investigate and evaluate feasibility of new materials, processes, and technologies
• Design and develop new products using 3D design software
• Create 3D models and 2D drawings and needed for manufacturing
• Lead design reviews of new products as needed
• Define tolerances and perform tolerance stack up analysis for new products
• Design product for manufacturability
• Develop and maintain detailed product specifications, drawings, and bills of materials
• Determine tooling requirements and approve tooling
• Initiate vendor quotes for new products
• Approve new product prior to production
• Develop new product testing criteria, conducts testing as needed, and maintain test reports
• Review packaging copy for technical accuracy
• Design and test new product packaging
• Responsible for instruction manual content as needed
• Provide engineering support to resolve quality issues as needed
• Provide technical product information for catalog/spec book
• Review new designs and evaluate for patentability
• Work with legal council as needed to patent products and manage companies intellectual properties
• Field test products to verify design specifications are met
• Administer field testing program for new products
• Ensure all new products meet government regulations and standards
• Direct and manage employees as assigned
• Develop and maintain departmental Budgets
Four year engineering degree; or ten years consumer product engineering experience in the outdoor industry or comparable consumer durables industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years experience designing products with 3-dimensional software. Excellent benefit package available. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Please send resume and salary history to: E-mail: HSengineering@grnmissoula.com EOE/M/F/D